Google is the most popular search engine in the world, and it acts as a digital roadmap for everyone who uses it. If you want to be found on Google, then you need to have an SEO ranking that will help guide people towards your site. What about those struggling to rank on Google? You need a digital marketing agency that will use a variety of digital marketing tactics to get the best results for your campaign. This article discusses what SEO ranking is, why you should improve your SEO ranking in 2021, and how you can do so!
What is the SEO ranking?
SEO ranking is the ability of a digital marketing agency in Columbus, Ohio to help you improve your website rankings on Google. This means that when someone types a search query into the digital marketing giant, they will be more likely to find and click on your site because it has higher organic visibility than other sites in its industry.
Why should you improve your SEO ranking?
If you want people to see what great things are happening at your company—whether it’s through articles or social media outreach—(then improving their SEO ranking can show them just how important those efforts are for Web Development Career.
How do I improve my SEO ranking in 2021?
There are a number of ways for you to improve your SEO ranking in 2021 and continue raising the digital presence of your company.
Here are a few ways you can start improving your website rankings on Google:
- Use Google Analytics to track metrics. Google Analytics is an important tool because it provides you with metrics that show how effective your website is at converting visitors into leads. It can also be used by a marketing agency Columbus Ohio in deciding the best way to handle your SEO ranking journey.
- Get an SSL certificate. Google uses a site’s security as one of its ranking factors, so having an SSL certificate on all pages will help improve your SEO.
- Improve mobile page speed. If your customers want to access information quickly through their Smartphone or tablets, then improving the load time for each webpage will keep them coming back.
- Design a mobile-first UI. The majority of people are accessing websites via their phones and tablets and not from their desktops anymore! Because of this, having a Columbus website design with a user interface (UI) that works effectively across different devices can significantly increase conversions.
- Optimize your images. Including relevant images on webpages can help break up the text content.
- Create great content. You need web content that is informative, well-written and engaging. This is important as web content is often the first thing that web users will see when they land on your webpage.
- Structure your content for scannability and readability. Only about 20% of website visitors will actually read through every word you write, so structure it in such a way that they know what to expect when scrolling down or clicking into each page.
- Create click-worthy title tags and meta descriptions. This is where keywords come in handy. Make sure to include them! Again, don’t go overboard with this, but do use some strategic words as appropriate which relate back to your site’s main purpose.
- Choose one focus keyword per page. You want Google users to find exactly what they are looking for upon entering search terms. If you’re overdoing it with too many keywords, Google will penalize your site.
- Improve your internal link strategy. This is a big part of linking to relevant webpages on your site. Use anchor text that allows readers to figure out where they’re going.
- Use only trustworthy external links. Don’t try and trick Google by adding backlinks from sites with no authority-this will get you penalized! To get trusted external links like one from a web design agency Columbus Ohio, try to get top sites to link back to you when they mention your company.
- Get your site listed as a featured snippet. As long as it’s web-related (and not particularly subjective), there’s a good chance Google will consider featuring your website in their “featured snippets.” Many people find these very helpful; if they do decide to feature your webpage, this means more visitors! Featured snippets show up for about 30 seconds before disappearing again. This makes them extremely valuable because of how quickly they come and go-providing an opportunity to really capture someone’s attention!
- Get high-quality backlinks. These are still important even though not all link building strategies work anymore. If there’s an authoritative website related to yours that has some good information, reach out and ask if they’d be willing to link to your site.
- Create a Google My Business page. This is going to be particularly helpful if you’re in the service industry; people will be able to see that they can trust you!
- Refresh Your Content. Google is always changing and updating their algorithms, so it’s important to make sure you’re staying up with the times.
- Regularly monitor Google Search Console. This is where all of your web-related data will be stored; we recommend checking in on this every other week or month. The Google Search Console helps you to understand what is working and what isn’t, so you can make the changes that are necessary.
The web is ever-changing. If you want to stay on top of your SEO rankings, it’s important that you continuously work towards optimizing them and improving your website in general. Google has a lot of helpful tools for a website development company Columbus. Make sure that you’re taking advantage of everything they offer so that your content can be as successful as possible!